Join us for our fourth annual Mexican Independence Day Celebration to honor the contributions and culture of the Mexican and Mexican American communities as well as acknowledging independence days across the Americas. In partnership with The Consulate General of Mexico and CALA Alliance, the event features a traditional Aztec performance from Grupo Coatlicue, El Grito from the Consul General and Deputy Consul General, artmaking activities, How I Became an Artista book making workshop with artist Karen Nazario Moranchel, poetry reading from writer and educator Anna Flores, printmaking activity designed by artist Cruz Ortiz, lotería games, salsa lessons with ASU Salsa Club, music from DJ CRVNT3S and food from SuperFarm SuperTruck.
- 5 p.m. Artmaking activities start
- 5:30 p.m. Aztec dance performance from Grupo Coatlicue
El Grito from Mexican Consulate
- 6 p.m. How I Became an Artista: Karen Nazario Moranchel; book making workshop
- 6:30–6:45 p.m. Poetry reading with writer and educator Anna Flores
- 7–7:30 p.m. Salsa lessons with ASU Salsa Club
- 7:30–8 p.m. Open dance floor
Image courtesy of Grupo Coatlicue.