Employment Opportunities At The Museum
Join our team of passionate museum professionals.
The ASU Art Museum is searching for a Preparator/Curatorial Museum Specialist who communicates effectively and works closely with a wide range of museum staff members, diverse artists and university community members to implement an ambitious exhibition schedule focused on contemporary art and care for a collection of 12,000 objects. Assists in museum collection management including storage, object handling and care; plans and implements the design, fabrication, installation and deinstallation of temporary and permanent museum exhibitions. Supervises student workers and contract preparators, and reports to the Chief Preparator.
$45,500 per year; DOE
- Learn about and gather information about Arizona State University and ASU Art Museum and meet ASUAM staff to strategize grant requests.
- Become familiar with ASU Art Museum grant history and specifications.
- Coordinate grant efforts with Herberger Institute for Design in the Arts, ASU Foundation and ASU’s Office for Research & Sponsored Projects Administration (ORSPA).
- Conduct research into potential funders and maintain a prospect list for monthly review and annual strategic planning.
- Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization in coordination with Museum and ASU staff.
- Submit proposals to grant coordinators for approval.
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
- Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders.
- Maintain records and submit interim and final reports related to grants.
- Weekly check-in Zoom meeting with ASU Primary Contact, Miki Garcia
ASU Art Museum has many positions available for work-study eligible students. Positions range from visitor services and installation to education and administration.
To find out more about student employment at ASU, and to find positions currently available at the museum, please visit the ASU Student Employment website.
In May 2018, ASU partnered with the Los Angeles County Museum of Art on a new master’s fellowship designed to increase diversity among museum professionals.